Tuesday, April 1, 2014

1 April 2014: We'll Never Be Royals?

I had the most AMAZING day yesterday! Like, words can't even describe how perfect this experience was.


So, I guess that news of this blog has gone around England, right? You know how it goes. One person reads it, tells a friend, the friend reads it, tells a couple of friends, and before you know it, my blog has several thousand hits and a whole lot of people who are emotionally invested in my Study Abroad experience. The number of people reading my words never really phased me before. I mean, yeah, I knew that I had a huge fan base, but I've never been one to let fame get to my head. It keeps me grounded to pretend that I'm just an ordinary girl without hundreds of adoring fans.

However, a few days ago, I got an e-mail that I had some post to pick up. So I walked down to reception and signed for my letter. I got a bit confused when I saw the return address. Buckingham Palace? Why was Buckingham Palace writing to me?! I opened it up and found a letter from the Queen of England. It read:

Dear Ellen,

I have enjoyed reading your blog about your stay in England, and I would love to hear about your travels in person. I would like to invite you to come to tea with me on the 31st of March. Please send along your RSVP.

-Queen Elizabeth II

I quickly jotted down my confirmation and booked my ticket to London.

The palace was beautiful! I mean, I'd thought that I'd seen what the inside is like from watching Sherlock 2x01, but the BBC didn't do it justice. It's an absolutely gorgeous building. I would've taken pictures, but that kind of thing is frowned upon.

The queen was a lovely woman. I was a bit shy at first, but she was surprisingly easy to talk to! I mean, we're not in many of the same fandoms, and I'm a lot more into Harry Potter than she is, but I knew enough about Doctor Who to hold a conversation about it.
As I was leaving, I bumped into Prince Harry. He smiled and told me that he's a huge fan of my blog, and that if I'd like to, the two of us should go for Chinese food sometime. So even though we don't have a proper date set yet, I know that I have that to look forward to ;)



Gah :) What an amazing experience tea with the Royals truly was :)

(April fools!)

1 comment: