Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thoughts from an Airport: Charlotte Edition

Hey all!

I'm sitting at the Charlotte airport right now and could not be happier. I am having THE BEST TIME EVER!

As many of you may know, I was really nervous for this whole "flying by myself on an airplane" thing. It's something that I'm not familiar with, and I'm not good with the unknown. However, on my way to the Akron-Canton Airport, I decided that all that I had to do was go into camp councilor mode.

Let me explain.

When you're a camp councilor, you cannot show your fear. You have to convince yourself that you know what you're doing so that you can convince all of the kids in your cabin that everything is going smoothly. If you're unsure of something, you don't freak out (unless you enjoy freaking out all of the children in your care). It's alright to ask for help if you need it, but you also have to be extremely self-reliant and use your "figure it out" skills to the best of your ability. Although I may or may not have written a couple of cabin songs on the airplane (Let's just say that Muppers Unity 2014 is done), councilor Ellen pulled through.

I think that the best part of this whole thing is the independence I feel. When I wanted to go get Burger King for lunch, I went. When I wanted to switch seats, I switched them. When I wanted to take a walk, I took it. I just feel like I'm my own person right now, and that feeling is truly incredible.

I'm also having a great time people watching. I got extremely jealous when I heard a mom tell her young daughter, "You have to eat some more pizza before you can have any candy." Why do I never get this instruction?!

                                  Me in the Akron-Canton Airport. It was early. Very. Very. Early.
                      Oh we are flying in an airplane lookin' out the window watchin' the clouds go by



                                                       Flying over some mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment