Wednesday, January 15, 2014

15 January 2014: English Eating - The Freddo Frog

As a proud citizen of the Internet, there are many delicious looking English foods and sweets that I have stumbled across on a variety of websites but have been unable to consume due to the fact that they're not available in America. I mean, I've got to try and find SOMETHING to fill the Taco Bell shaped hole in my heart...right?

One such food is the Freddo Frog. I have come across this candy bar in two different contexts on the Internet. The first is whenever I stumble across the beginnings of World War 3 on popular blogging sights and the British and American bloggers are getting far too passionate in their discussions of who has the better candy selection. It usually boils down to the Americans getting shut down for not having Kinder Surprise Eggs (the food that I am the most excited to try) and Freddo Frogs.

The other time I've come across Freddo Frogs was when the price of these candies raised from 17p to 20p. The Internet was outraged. I would post a screen shot of one Internet user's rant about this price increase, but I'm trying to keep this a PG-rated blog.

All I can say is this: Don't mess with Freddo Frogs.

So when I was at the tiny grocery store by my house buying a couple of things that I needed and I saw a basket of these little guys sitting there, I knew that I had to try one.

 Notice the 20p. This is what got the Internet so angry. To be fair, I'd be angry, too. You should have seen me when they raised the price of Girl Scout cookies. I think that I went on a ten minute rant about how it's always been a sacred $3.00.


 I unwrapped the candy and smiled at how cute it was. Oh, and at the fact that it's like a muggle version of a chocolate frog. You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is where Queen Jo got the inspiration...


10/10 would recommend. Would buy again. This thing is delicious. Definitely worth the extra 3p.

(Life update: I just snapchatted a picture of myself and my Freddo Frog to a few of my friends here. One of them replied with, "Back in my day, they were 10p." Maybe this problem is worse than I thought.) (But still tasty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment